Friday, June 5, 2015

Some of my favorite writerly quotes...


I'm not going to go so far as to say that my hair has fallen out or my teeth have decayed, however, I wholeheartedly agree, that while fiction is a great deal of making shit up, the foundation of every piece of writing lies in total, sometimes soul crushing and/or soul baring, truth.



Absolutely not. Characters are real people, people! They've been known to show up uninvited, steal the girl who was meant for someone else, and even, on occasion, turn out to be the villain you never saw coming. So, when a character says something rude or offensive, seriously, that's like the least of our worries. 



This. All of this. The man's a genius. Period.



I love this. Not just in regard to the women I write, but also in regard to the woman I strive to be in my 'real' life.



This may be my favorite of all. For many years I wrote at least a poem a day because it gave me such insight into my own feelings and thoughts. 

Writing heals the spirit, clears the mind and frees the heart
(That one's all me by the way File:icon wink.gif)


All of these awesome quotes and many more can be found right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment