Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Silly Facts About My New Book



First, lets talk book:

Love? Sure, I believe in it. I've even experienced it. Once. Harper Richards - the girl who got away. Or rather, the one I let go. 

It should go without saying that it wasn't by choice. A guy like me, doesn't dare to dream of getting a girl like Harper even once, he sure as sh*t doesn't let her go on a whim. Nor does he ever think for a moment he'll get a second chance with her. Even if he wants one. 

I want one. I NEED one. 

And now...through some twisted turn of fate and a wedding I never should have been invited to...I just might get one.


Now...lets get the facts:

1.) Two of the characters were inspired by the same person. I have my reasons. Oh, yeah, no, I'm not telling you who it is or what they are...


2.) I found a way to combine my love for coffee with my love for all things Harry Potter and then managed to sneak it into the book in a totally legit way. I still give myself a little giggle just thinking about it. You'll know how when you see it.


3.) I read this quote someone had floating around Facebook and - ta da - a book idea was born.

“One day, whether you are 14, 28 or 65,
you will stumble upon someone who will start a fire in you that cannot die.
However, the saddest, most awful truth you will ever come to find––
is they are not always with whom we spend our lives” 
― Beau Taplin, Hunting Season

4.) The story is set in a completely fictional town in Florida...which just happens to be a little (or a lot ) like the one I live in. Weird.


5.) The opening line of the book came to me while listening to my seven year old taunt her best friend with pickles. Apparently, she hates them. So, there I was and all I could hear while staring at that blank screen was 'Pickles, pickles, pickles!' 


And when you think Contemporary Romance...you think 'Pickle'.



http://amzn.com/B00ZQYHEQI 

No comments:

Post a Comment