Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's Time To Get Naked...

via GIPHY

Relax. I don't mean literally...

Last Girl is just about ready to meet the world. Which means I'm mostly ready as well. Mostly ready. Slightly scared. But that's normal. You should be a little scared when you hit publish. Like, walk out of the house naked scared. I could do it. I've birthed a baby. Countless people have seen all there is to see, but I'd still feel a little apprehensive about it...publishing, it's about the same.

Last Girl will mark the 24th time that I hit publish and the 19th full length novel I've released in the last three years. I guess you could say, I've been busy. And not just writing. I've learned. Holy shit, have I learned. And it doesn't stop. Hopefully, ever. 

Aside from the countless ways I've continued to evolve in terms of being my own publisher and all that it entails, the thing I'm most excited about is the growth I've experienced as a writer.

I remember writing Blood Bound, my first time dabbling in suspense, and I was near the end when I was hit with a brilliant twist even I never saw coming. It would have changed the whole book. But I didn't go through with it. Couldn't do it. Was way too attached to my character to do the thing that would have taken the story's plot from cool to mind-blowing (Hypothetically. I'm not saying the book is either. It was number four on my list -that's 20 books ago! The truth is, it's probably somewhere around meh...) Point is, I chickened out. I wasn't ready to get that naked. I don't have that problem anymore. If you pick up my more recent work, be prepared to see my literary hoo-ha. 

God, that sounds crass. 

I'm leaving it. 

I'm bold that way now.

I'm also bold enough to tell you that Last Girl is kick-ass. Possibly the best I've ever written. So you should read it. Seriously. 

Okay, I'm just kidding. 

Sort of. 

I'm bold, but I still kinda suck at selling myself (hence why I hope the learning process never stops...I have plenty left to learn). So, I'm gonna let these guys do it for me:

"Your writing has slayed me, Last Girl was so awe inspiring and emotional. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. I have never been rendered so emotional with a story until this one."

"Beautiful story!! So unexpected the whole way. I can't even begin to deal."

"Last girl..one word 'epic'."

"I've been reading ALL DAY (my famdamily think I'm crackers!) but I enjoyed every heart stopping moment."

"The book I'm beta reading. I'm in love with it. In love. It's perfect. It's everything. You're going to need to read Last Girl by K.S. Thomas when it releases."










No comments:

Post a Comment