Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Reasons I'm super stoked about #IndieBookfest2015...and you should be too!

For starters, the name pretty much says it all:

Indie - As in independent. Doing their own thing. In control of their own destiny - that shit's exciting right there!

Book - Oh the many wonderful things I could say here...but I'll limit myself to thee awesome quotes:

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” 
― Jorge Luis Borges

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.” 
― Ernest Hemingway

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” 
― Stephen King,

And, of course, FEST - festival, gala, party, celebration - you get the picture!

But, let's move on to my actual list of reasons...

1. I get to see a ton of my bookish friends in person (AKA - readers, writers and bloggers galore)!! This is huge since they spend most of the year trapped in an alternate dimension most people refer to as Facebook...but on Friday, they're all just going to start showing up...


2. Then, there's the panels. THREE DAYS of panels talking about anything and everything book related! So much to learn, so much to share :-D


3. FANFARE which is a fun word for LOTS OF FREE SWAG!!! Seriously. An entire portion of the day is devoted to hanging out with tons of awesome authors and having them hand you gifts. 


Yes. Really.

4. Did I mention the parties?? Yup! Parties. MULTIPLE! And I don't know about everyone else, but I'm planning on getting my dance on...


5. Let's see. Oh right...BOOK SIGNING with like, a gazillion awesome authors (okay, that's not the actual number) writing all different genres...and cover models. That's right...men...abs. Need I say more?


That's what I thought...

Mind you, this is just the short list...there are a slew of other reasons why I'm bursting at the seams to get there, but I'm thinking many of those will just be fun for me (because I'm weird...not because I'm special)

Meanwhile, if you're feeling like this...and I know that you are...


Snag your ticket here and come and play!!

We'd love to see you  - ♥ -








No comments:

Post a Comment