Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Birthday Post

I'm not usually a fan of my birthdays. Maybe it's because my Dad died right before my eleventh and kind of sucked the fun out of it. Maybe it's because I'm an extreme introvert and the idea of being the center of attention all day long freaks me the fuck out. Who knows?! 

But, it's my birthday, and for the first time in a really, really long time, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Thirty-six is off to a pretty bangin' start. I'm even starting to think being the center of attention isn't so bad when it means being at the core of where all the love and good vibes are being pooled to. I have amazing people in my world. Having all of them pay attention to me all at once is actually pretty incredible.

And, the whole thing is sort of helping to open my eyes when it comes to how I approach my work. I don't know if you know this, but it's really fucking hard to market your shit when you're terrified of being the center of attention. It's something I've struggled with for years, but I think, thirty-six (yeah, that's right, I'm thirty-freaking-six!) is going to be the year I finally stop being so scared. Stop playing small so no one notices too much or for too long. Stop playing in the shallow waters when I know damn well, I can ride the waves. I've got this. I can handle the attention if it's bad. And I finally get, just how fucking amazing it feels when it's good. ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment