Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Brunch...which I missed today.

Know what else I've been missing? Writing. I feel like it's been forever since I was really in the writing zone. Really focused. Really, just submerged in a story. It's been about a month. Still. It feels like for-freaking-ever.

I mean, I expected some sort of a hangover after Bittersweet. (Yeah...happens after writing too.) Especially considering all the back and forth with that story before I finally figured out how I wanted to tell it. See, I knew from the very beginning where it was going. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get it there. It took something like three times of starting over and completely revamping EVERYTHING, before I finally got it right. Or, you know, as right as I was going to. 

Then, it came time to wrap everything up and get it ready for publishing. I don't like to not write, so I went ahead and dove right in with three other projects. I wasn't expecting them to catch immediately, but now....a month after I finished writing the last one, I had expected to be hooked by one. And I am. Sort of. I'm definitely feeling Angel's story and I'm writing on it almost daily. I just can't seem to find my groove. Can't seem to put down more than a few hundred words at a time. Which brings me back to square one. I miss writing. Holy crap, I miss it.

~ K.






No comments:

Post a Comment